We believe in a multi-disciplinary approach to training, because drivers must possess high levels of strength, stamina, flexibility, reaction, focus, and environmental tolerance. Maintaining all of these components on a consistent level is emphasized in our training program. Training includes swimming, cycling, boxing, yoga, rock climbing, triathlon, and many other activities. Using tools like kettlebells, free weights, Indo Boards, Crosscore 180, sledge hammers, tires and a slew of other “toys” educates our driver to learn new ways to push the human body to its limits, much like it is pushed during racing events.
We offer the following fitness training options:
- Customized Individual Programs (local & distance)
- Group Training with Driver Specific Components
- Specific Race Series and Event Planning
The PitFit Training Driver Assessment protocol has been used on hundreds of drivers from all levels of motorsports. This comprehensive series of tests provides you with information that indicates areas of strength or weakness. The Driver Assessment and standards were designed in conjunction with Michigan State University professor and PitFit Training Science Director, Dr. David Ferguson, PhD.
Results from the assessment are compared to our database of drivers and provides feedback on how the test subject compares. The following physiological components are evaluated:
- V02 Max
- Body Composition
- Anterior Upper Body Strength
- Posterior Upper Body Strength
- Neck Strength
- Shoulder and Hip Mobility
- Grip Strength
- Visual and Reaction Speed For Lower Body
- Visual Reaction and Reaction Speed For Upper Body
- Core Strength
The driver must be free of as many distractions each race weekend. We can provide the driver confidence that the proper nutrition, fluids, preparation, and recovery is being managed by a true professional. Our Track Support staff tends to the needs of the driver so all attention is directed where it needs to be… racing performance!
Our Track Support Staff will provide the Driver with the following:
- Customized Nutrition Plan
- Fluid-based adherence before, during, and after sessions
- Personally-designed drink formulas
- Dynamic warm-up/flexibility prior to sessions
- Liaison with track medical staff
To schedule a driver evaluation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.